Easy Croissants Recipe
Instructions:1. Stir warm milk and sugar together.
2. Add yeast.
3. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Stir well.
5. Add flour; beat well.
6. Add milk, sugar and egg.
7. Beat until smooth.
8. Add butter; beat and set aside.
9. In a large mixing bowl, place the 4 cups of flour and the chilled butter.
10. Cut butter into flour until pieces are the size of beans, but not too small.
11. Pour the liquid batter into the flour mixture; stir until moistened.
12. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
13. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
14. Remove from refrigerator.
15. Press into a compact ball on a floured board and divide into 4 parts.
16. Roll each into a circle 12 or 16 inches in diameter.
17. Cut each circle into 6 or 8 pie-shaped wedges.
18. For each croissant roll a wedge towards the point.
19. Shape into a crescent and place on ungreased baking sheet.
20. Let rise at room temperature until doubled. This may take 2 hours or more.
21. Brush each with egg that's been beaten with cold water.
22. Preheat oven to 400 F.
23. Place croissants in oven.
24. Lower temperature to 350 F and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.