Delicious Drop Doughnuts Recipe
Batter keeps well in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
Instructions:1. Beat eggs; stir in buttermilk, vanilla extract, and grated peel.
2. Combine flour and baking powder.
3. Stir into the egg mixture.
4. Cover with a cloth.
5. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
6. In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 F.
7. Drop in batter by the tablespoon.
8. Cook for 4 minutes, or until doughnuts are golden brown.
9. Drain on paper towels.
10. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
11. Serve hot.