David Eyre's Pancake Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch nutmeg
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, milk, eggs, and nutmeg.
3. Beat lightly.
4. Leave the batter a little lumpy.
5. Melt the butter in a 12 inch skillet with heatproof handle.
6. When very hot, pour in batter.
7. Bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Sprinkle with sugar and return briefly to the oven.
9. Sprinkle with lemon juice, then serve with jelly, jam, or marmalade.