Danish Pastry Wreath Recipe
Instructions:1. Beat butter and 1/4 cup flour until smooth and fluffy.
2. Place wax paper on a large, wet baking sheet.
3. Spread butter mixture evenly into a 12 x 8-inch rectangle on wax paper.
5. Chill well.
6. Combine milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan; heat until sugar dissolves.
7. Cool to 105 to 115 F.
8. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
9. Stir in milk mixture, egg, and 3-3/4 cups flour; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until mixture is smooth and leaves side of bowl (dough will be soft).
10. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
11. Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
12. Place stockinette cover on rolling pin; flour well.
13. Roll dough into a 16 x 12-inch rectangle.
14. Fit cold butter mixture over half of dough, leaving a margin at edges; remove wax paper.
15. Fold dough over butter; pinch edges to seal.
16. Place fold of dough to the right; roll dough into a 16 x 8-inch rectangle. (If butter breaks through dough, flour heavily and continue rolling.
17. Fold rectangle into thirds; pinch edges to seal.
18. Wrap dough in wax paper; chill for 1 hour.
19. Repeat rolling, folding, and sealing process; chill for 30 minutes.
20. Repeat rolling, folding, and sealing process; wrap dough in aluminum foil, and chill for 8 hours.