Sour Cream Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the fat in the deep fryer to 375 degrees.
2. Beat the eggs well.
3. Slowly add the sugar, beating constantly.
4. Stir in the sour cream.
5. Sift the flour before measuring.
6. Resift the flour with the baking soda, the baking powder and the salt.
7. Stir the sifted ingredients into the egg mixture until well blended.
8. Chill the dough.
9. Roll out on a lightly floured board to a 1/2″ thickness.
10. Cut with floured a doughnut cutter or two different size biscuit cutters.
11. Allow the dough to dry for 10 minutes on toweling.
12. Use a pancake turner dipped into the hot oil to place the doughnuts into the oil.
13. Fry until golden brown (2-3 minutes per side), using the pancake turner to turn them as the first side is cooked.
14. Use tongs to remove the finished doughnuts.
15. Dry on toweling.
16. Dust with sugar or powdered sugar or glaze after they doughnuts have cooled.