Cafe Beaujolais Sour Cream Waffles Recipe
1. Melt butter in a 8″ skillet over moderate heat.
2. Add apples and cook, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Stir in cinnamon and sugar; reduce heat to low and cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
4. Cool slightly.
5. Sift together dry ingredients.
6. Beat egg yolks with sour cream, milk and melted butter in separate bowl until blended.
7. Stir into dry ingredients until blended well.
8. Stir in apples and pecans.
9. Beat egg whites until stiff, moist peaks form.
10. Stir about 3 tbsp of the beaten whites into the batter, then gently fold in remaining egg whites until just combined.
11. Pour or ladle batter over center 2/3 of hot waffle iron.
12. Close lid cook and about 4 minutes, until steam no longer emerges from the crack.
13. Remove waffle.
14. Keep warm in a warm oven while you cook the rest.