Lozenges or Curd Cheese Pastries Recipe
Instructions:1. Roll the pastry out very thin and cut it into small rectangles -- approximately 6"x3" inches. You should have at least 24.
2. Bake them in a moderately hot oven (375F) for ten minutes or till they are crisp and brown.
3. Remove them and cool on a rack.
4. Meanwhile mix the curd cheese with the ginger or raisins, the pine nuts and the sugar and lemon to taste. Set aside.
5. When you are ready to serve, sandwich together two pieces of pastry with the cheese mixture.
6. They can be used as a dessert or as a snack.