Low Carb Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp soy flour
- 1 package artificial sweetener
1. Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat muffin cups with a little vegetable oil(or use butter, margarine, or pan spray) 2. Separate the eggs very carefully, allowing no egg yolk to mix with the whites.
3. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until frothy.
4. Add the cream of tartar and continue beating just until stiff peaks form.
5. Combine egg yolks, cottage cheese, soy flour, and sweetener.
6. Fold this mixture carefully into the egg whites.
7. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of batter.
8. Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes, until the are golden brown and spring back when touched.
To make spice muffins, stir 1/2 ts cinnamon, 1/4 ts ground ginger, and 1/8 ts cloves into the soy flour before adding to the egg yolks.