Gundula Ring Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- Cottage cheese and oil
- 2 pastries
- 1 3/4 oz soft butter or margarine
- 3 1/2 oz candied lemon peel, diced
- 3 1/2 oz almonds, blanched and finely chopped
- 5 1/2 oz sultanas, washed and well drained
- 2 heaping tbsp sugar
- 1 pk vanillin sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Bottle of Dr. Oetker rum flavor
- 3 drops oetker baking essence, bitter almond flavor
- For brushing the ring:
- A little tinned milk
1. If the pastry should be rather soft, knead in a little more (up to 1 3/4oz or 50g) flour.
2. Then roll out the pastry to a rectangle of 20X22 in. (about 50X55cm) Brush with the fat and cut lengthways into two halves.
For the Filling:
3. Combine the ingredients for the filling and distribute over the two pieces of pastry so that at the cut edge of each a border of 1 in (2cm) is left free of filling.
4. Roll up each piece of pastry, starting from the outer ong edge.
5. Entwine the two roll together and lay as a ring on a greased baking sheet.
6. Brush with milk and make cuts 1/2 in (1cm) deep in the surface.
7. Bake in a moderately hot oven for about 30 minutes