Chocolate Danish Pastry Rolls Recipe
These can be prepared 1 day earlier and wrapped securely with plastic wrap. These can be frozen after they are baked.
Instructions:1. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and cream cheese until the mixture is blended.
2. Beat in the egg yolk.
3. Add the flour and beat until blended. Do not overbeat.
4. Turn dough out on floured wax paper, form dough into a circle, wrap it in wax paper and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5. Divide dough into fourths.
6. Roll out one part at a time into a 10-inch square.
7. Spread 1/4 of the filling over the dough.
8. Roll it up, jelly-roll fashion to measure a 10 x 3-inch roll.
9. Place, seam side down, on a 12 x 16-inch Teflon-coated baking pan.
10. Repeat with the remaining 3 parts of dough.
11. Bake in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
12. Cool in pan.
13. Cut into slices and sprinkle tops generously with sifted powdered sugar.
14. Use 1/4 of the chocolate filling on each of the strudels.
15. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar before serving.