Southwest Corn Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1 can spamlite (12 oz) diced, into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 can diced mild green chiles, (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup jalapeno cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1. Combine dry ingredients in bowl and mix well.
2. Beat egg and milk together; add corn.
3. Mix well.
4. Add bell pepper, green chiles and cheese to dry ingredients, then add SpamLite that you have browned and drained on paper towels.
5. Stir until just mixed.
6. Pour into greased pans.
7. Bake at 400 for 30 mins or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
8. This makes 6 very large muffins, 12 regular muffins or 24 very small muffins. You can also use an 8-inch square pan for the above batter.
9. Serve with a nice green salad.