Sourdough Mexican Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda, and
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can cream-style corn, (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup cooking oil or shortening
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp green chiles, chopped
- 2 tbsp pimiento, chopped and
- 2 slices of bacon, fried
1. In bowl, mix dry ingredients together and make a well in the center.
2. In separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
3. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just till moistened.
4. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 400F for 20 to 25 minutes.