Sourdough Pancakes Recipe
Sourdough starter mix can be located in certain speciality shops. Follow the directions on the package to make your first starter. Do not use metallic bowls or implements for any of this process!
Instructions:1. The evening before, stir together well, water, flour and starter.
2. Set aside in a relative warm place to create the sponge.
3. Temperature should not fall below 65 degrees F.
4. In the morning remove 1 cup of the sponge for the starter of your next batch and refrigerate.
5. To the remaining sponge, stir in the pancake mix, oil and sugar. Mix well.
6. Stir the baking soda into a small amount of water and add this to the mix, folding.
7. Do not mix too much.
8. Cook on a very hot griddle (380-400 degrees F).