Short Order Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1 egg
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
1. To make buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice per cup of milk.
2. Beat eggs; add buttermilk.
3. Sift flour, soda, baking powder, salt and sugar blending well; add to egg mix; add melted butter; mix well.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased griddle and brown on both sides, cooking until done. (Griddle should be medium high heat).
5. One serving equals three 4" pancakes.