Gingerbread Waffles without Eggs Recipe - Printable Version Makes 6 waffles
These waffles are for those who don't eat eggs. They have a great flavor and are particularly good garnished with whipped cream cheese and a simple lemon sauce.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- 1 egg, separated
- 3/8 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp minced crystallized ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the sugar and egg yolk until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the buttermilk, molasses, and butter.
4. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, spices, baking soda, dry mustard, and salt.
5. Add the liquid ingredients and beat on low speed until blended.
6. Fold in the raisins and ginger.
7. In a seperate bowl beat the egg white and cream of tartar until stiff.
8. Fold the edd white into the batter.
9. Spoon the batter into the waffle iron and bake until golden brown.