Gingerbread Waffles Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine the molasses, butter and egg yolks and whisk with fork until smooth.
2. Blend in the buttermilk.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt into a mixing bowl.
4. Stir in the crystalized ginger.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add the molasses mixture, beating quickly until smooth.
6. Fold in the egg whites.
7. If the batter seems too thick, add a little more buttermilk.
8. Bake in your waffle iron until a dark golden brown.