Gingerbread-Applesauce Waffles Recipe
Instructions:Buttermilk Substitute: Combine 4 1/2 teaspoons vinegar with enough skim milk to equal 1 1/2 cups; let stand 5 minutes.
1. Prepare waffle iron with cooking spray and heat up.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites, buttermilk, and molasses.
4. Add dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.
5. Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron.
6. Cook until crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
7. Repeat with remaining batter.