Frosted Buttermilk Cookies Recipe
The frosting hardens nicely and has an almost marshmallow consistency -- no sticky surface but soft inside.
Instructions:1. Cream shortening and sugar; beat in eggs, molasses and buttermilk.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients.
3. Refrigerate dough ovenight.
4. Roll dough 1/4" thick and cut out cookies with an empty Spam can.
5. Bake on greased cookie sheets.
6. Cool and frost.
7. Bake 325 for 13-14 min. The cookies remain soft if not overbaked.
1. Dissolve gelatin in cold water; stir.
2. In saucepan, bring this mixture to a boil and simmer for 10 min Add powdered sugar, baking powder and vanilla.
3. Beat until thick and creamy.