Early Bird Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
This recipe can also be used to make great waffles.
Instructions:1. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
2. Beat together the buttermilk, milk, beaten egg and oil.
3. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
4. A few small lumps in the mixture will cook out.
5. The first pancake is a test pancake.
6. The batter should be thin for pancakes, so thin the batter if necessary with milk (not buttermilk).
7. The pan should be lightly oiled and hot enough to make a sprinkling of water dance, not just sit and sizzle.
8. Ladle about 1/8 cup of the batter into the hot pan.
9. When the top of the pancake is full of bubbles and the bottom is golden, turn the pancake.
10. Cook on the second side until done.
11. Makes 15 (4 inch) pancakes.