Country Style Buttermilk Pancakes with Berry Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/2 cup wheat flour, whole-grain
- 1/2 cup white flour
- Berry Sauce
- 2 cup berries
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sugar
1. Beat together buttermilk, egg whites, and corn oil.
2. Stir buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredient mixture. Mix.
3. Top with Homemade Berry Sauce.
1. Combine 2 cups berries (blueberries, raspberries or strawberries), honey and sugar in small saucepan stirring constantly.
2. Turn heat down and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Serve warm.