Buttermilk Toaster Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 12
Calories per 4-inch pancake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour, unsifted
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Preheat griddle.
2. Beat eggs with brown sugar until very light, about 2 minutes.
3. Mix dry ingredients.
4. Stir gently into beaten eggs.
5. Add buttermilk and oil.
6. Stir only until mixed.
7. Batter will be lumpy.
8. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
9. Cook until surface is covered with bubbles, turn, and cook other side until light brown.
10. Cool on rack.
11. Place pancakes in an airtight container with waxpaper between layers.
12. Or wrap singly in foil.
13. Label and store in freezer.
14. To reheat in toaster: Remove from freezer and unwrap pancakes to be reheated.
15. Set toaster on medium-low setting.
16. Toast pancakes, twice if necessary, to heat through.