Buttermilk Pancakes for Two Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
- 3/4 cup flour (unbleached all-purpose)
- 1 flat tsp sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (double acting)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 egg, stirred
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Buttermilk to make 2 cups of batter
1. Salt and sugar can be adjusted to personal tastes.
2. Stir dry ingredients together.
3. Add egg and 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
4. Add the melted butter.
5. Add enough butter milk to make 2 cups of batter, or more if you like them thinner.
6. Stir all together briefly.
7. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
8. Cook as usual on a slightly buttered griddle.
9. Serve with maple syrup and butter.