Buttermilk Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat fat fryer to 350 F.
2. Mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and buttermilk with a wire whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the yolks are broken up and distributed.
3. Add the spices, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
4. Fold the flour into the mixture until the ingredients are no longer wet.
5. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. The batter will thicken by itself without needing more flour, which would toughen the doughnuts.
6. Drop half of the dough onto a floured board and knead lightly into a ball with folded ends underneath.
7. Roll the dough into a round shape about 1/2 inch thick.
8. Cut with a doughnut cutter.
9. Knead the leftover dough into the second half of the mixture.
10. Repeat kneading and rolling. Be very sparing with the flour.
11. Dust the dough very lightly, but don't over-flour. Your dough should not be sticky if left to rest for 5 to 10 minutes as instructed.
12. Cook the doughnuts in hot oil, 1 inch deep in the pan.
13. Brown the doughnuts for about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.