Buttermilk Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Beat the egg until light and foamy in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Beat in the sugar.
3. Add the buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and mace.
5. Chill for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the deep fryer.
7. Prepare the glaze by combining the ingredients and blending until smooth.
8. Pat out the dough to a 3/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured board.
9. Cut using a floured doughnut cutter.
10. Carefully drop into the hot oil in the deep fryer.
11. Fry until golden brown, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
13. Dip the top of the warm doughnuts into the glaze.
14. Place glazed side up on a rack.