Best Ever Pancakes or Waffles Recipe
Special Equipment: Griddle, large skillet, or waffle iron.
Instructions:Food Processor Method:
1. Put the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a food processor.
2. Process briefly to mix.
3. Add the buttermilk, or yogurt and water, egg and oil.
4. Turn the machine on-off (pulse) 3 or 4 times to make a smooth batter.
1. Put the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
2. Stir to mix well.
3. Measure the buttermilk in a 2-cup glass measure.
4. Add the egg and oil to the measuring cup.
5. Beat with a fork or wire whisk to blend.
6. Add to the flour mixture and stir to form a smooth batter.
1. Heat the griddle or skillet over moderately high heat until it feels hot when you hold your hand directly above it.
2. Lightly grease the griddle.
3. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle.
4. Cook 3-5 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are golden brown.
5. Adjust the heat if the pancakes are browning too fast.
6. Turn the pancakes over and cook 1-2 minutes longer to brown the second side.
1. For waffles: heat the waffle iron; grease it lightly.
2. Pour in the appropriate amount of batter and spread to the edges.
3. Close and cook until the iron will open easily.
Keep finished waffles or pancakes warm in a 200F oven. Pancakes on a plate and loosely covered to keep moist; waffles directly on the oven rack, uncovered, to stay crisp.
Makes 8 4" pancakes.