Best Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white, beaten (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. In a 1-quart bowl, beat egg and add buttermilk and oil.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, and whisk gently until just incorporated. The amount of milk used depends on the dryness of the flour. Use your judgment.
4. If you like, you can fold a beaten egg white into the batter, for extra fluffiness.
5. Bake on a hot griddle and serve with REAL maple syrup.