Anne's Best Cake Doughnuts Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oil (3-4 inches deep) to 375F.
2. Beat 1 1/2 cup of the flour and the remaining ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, for 30 seconds.
3. Beat on medium speed, scraping occasionally, 2 minutes
4. Stir in remaining flour.
5. Turn dough onto well floured, cloth covered board; coat lightly with flour.
6. Roll gently 3/8 inch thick.
7. Cut with floured doughnut cutter.
8. Slide doughnuts into hot oil with wide spatula.
9. Turn doughnuts as they rise to surface.
10. Fry until golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
11. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
12. Serve plain, sugared, or frosted.
Buttermilk Doughnuts Decrease baking powder to 2 teaspoons and beat in 1 teaspoon baking soda. Substitute buttermilk for milk. Do not use self-rising flour.