Austrian Butter Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Sift the flour and sugar together.
2. Add the chopped nuts.
3. Blend in the butter.
4. Stir with a spoon until a soft dough is formed.
5. Chill for 1-2 hours.
6. Roll the dough out on a floured board to 1/8" thickness.
7. Cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter and place rounds on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 375F for 7-10 min. 9. Can be made into a sandwich cookie. Traditional Austrian manner is to spread thinly with jam, cover with a second cookie, then cover top with chocolate frosting and a pecan or walnut half.
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add egg yolk and chocolate.
3. Blend well.