Couscous Pancakes Recipe
Per Serving: 238 calories; 10 grams protein; 25 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 225 miiligrams cholesterol; 682 milligrams sodium.
Instructions:1. Combine the couscous, flour, coriander, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and milk, mixing well.
3. Stir in the butter, cover and set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
4. To cook the pancakes: Place an 8" skillet over medium heat and brush with a little melted butter.
5. Stir the batter to recombine.
6. Then spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake into the skillet, making 3 pancakes at a time.
7. Cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break, about 1-2 minutes.
8. Using a spatula, flip the pancakes and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Remove pancakes from the skillet, cover and keep warm.
10. Repeat with the remaining batter, using as little butter as possible without allowing the pancakes to stick to the bottom of the pan.
11. To serve, warm the pancakes in a hot oven, if necessary.
12. Arrange the pancakes on individual plates, and mound the ratatouille or grilled vegetables next to them.
13. Spoon any vegetable juices around, and serve, topping with ratatouille or grilled vegetables.