Christmas Pudding Recipe
Instructions:1. Steam for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
3. Stir in suet, buttermilk or sour milk, raisins, and molasses.
4. Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Turn into well-greased 2-quart mold or casserole.
6. Cover with tight cover or aluminum foil.
7. Place on rack in large steamer or kettle.
8. Add boiling water to height of 2 inches in steamer, cover.
9. Steam 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until pudding springs back when touched lightly in center.
10. Place a pan of water in oven.
11. Cover pudding and bake 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
Butterscotch Sauce: 1. Combine 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/8 teaspoons salt.
2. Stir in 1 cup cream and 1 cup milk.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
Hard Sauce: 1. Cream 1/2 cup butter.
2. Add gradually 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
3. Blend in 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon boiling water, 1 teaspoon French's Vanilla and 2 teaspoons French's Rum or Brandy Flavoring, if desired.
4. Chill until serving time.
Nutmeg Sauce: 1. Cream 1/4 cup butter.
2. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
3. Blend in 1 egg yolk, 1 1/2 tablespoons flour and 1 teaspoon French's Vanilla.
4. Gradually add 1 1/4 cups boiling water.
5. Cook in top of double boiler over boiling water, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
5. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon French's Nutmeg.
6. Serve hot, cut into slices with Butterscotch, Nutmeg, or Hard Sauce.