White Trash Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 10 dozen cookies
This makes enough for a crowd and is nice for gifts. It is a sweet version of the popular Nuts and Bolts.
- 18 oz box golden graham cereal
- 15 oz box golden raisins
- 3 cup roasted mixed nuts and pecans
- 12 oz chocolate morsels
- 2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp watkins vanilla
- 1/4 lb margarine
- 1 lb powdered sugar
1. Mix dry ingredients.
2. In a sauce pan, slowly melt margerine, chocolate morsels, and peanut butter, stirring constantly. DO NOT BOIL.
3. Add vanilla and cool.
4. Pour sauce (about 1/3 at the time) over cereal mix and mix until well coated.
5. Pour into a large grocery bag and shake with the powdered sugar (about 1/2 box at the time).
6. Store in tightly covered container.