White Chocolate Cup Mousse Recipe
Instructions:To Make Chocolate Cups:
1. Melt chocolate in the microwave until melted.
2. Stir until smooth.
3. Using a small pastry brush, brush chocolate on the entire inside surface of the fluted cup; being certain to get into each pleat.
4. Opt for a second or third coat of chocolate if you aren't sure you got all places covered.
5. Put in the freezer to harden.
6. Remove the cups, 1 at a time and very carefully peel off the foil, trying to handle as gently as possible. If the chocolate breaks and the foil is still intact, just brush some more chocolate over the break and return to the freezer to harden.
9. Keep cups in the freezer until you fill them with the mousse.
To Make Mousse:
10. Again use Tobler Narcisse, Droste White or any other fine brand of imported white chocolate.
11. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler.
12. When melted, add warmed cream and stir until mix is smooth.
13. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
14. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
15. Mix 1/3 of the whites into the cooled chocolate to lighten and then fold in the remaining whites.
16. Fold the whipped cream into the egg white mixture and chill in the refrigerator until set.
17. Gently spoon the mousse into the chocolate cups, garnish with chocolate curls or grated dark chocolate.