White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 4 dozen cookies
- 5 squares Baker's semi-sweet chocolate (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg Baker's white chocolate chips
1. Melt semi-sweet chocolate with butter in a saucepan over low heat, OR in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg with sugars and vanilla till blended.
3. Beat in melted chocolate mixture.
4. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sour cream until blended.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Chill dough for at least 30 minutes to harden and prevent spreading of cookies.
7. Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart.
8. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes.
9. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.