White Christmas Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 36 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup crisco
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups golden raisins
- 12 oz white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
3. In bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
4. In mixer bowl, cream crisco and sugars until light and fluffy.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in vanilla.
7. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
8. Stir in chocolate, nuts, and raisins.
9. Drop by teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
10. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until pale golden.
12. To plump raisins, put raisins in a 2-cup glass measure; add a few drops of water, cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; allow to stand for a few minutes, covered.