White Chocolate Mousse in An Almond Cookie Shell Recipe
Instructions:1. To make Almond Cookie Shell: Put the egg whites in a bowl and beat them briefly.
2. Add the sugar and flour, then whisk.
3. Stir in the almonds.
4. Butter a sheet pan and spoon tablespoons of mixture onto the pan.
5. Spread the spoonfuls on the sheet slightly with the back of a spoon to form circles about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in a 350 F oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and while still hot, mold into small cups by placing over a rolling pin.
8. Set aside to dry.
9. To make mousse: In a saucepan, heat the sugar and water until the mixture forms a soft ball.
10. Put the egg whites in the bowl of a mixer, and beat them until medium stiff, beating first on medium, then on high.
11. Add the sugar and water (soft ball stage) from the saucepan to the egg whites and continue to beat briefly until a stiff meringue is formed.
12. Place the egg yolks in a metal bowl and beat them over heat with a whisk.
13. Add rum to the egg yolks while still beating over heat.
14. Fold the egg yolks into the egg whites.
15. Fold the melted chocolate into the egg mixture.
16. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
17. Serve one scoop of mousse in an almond cookie shell.
18. Garnish with raspberry puree and creme fraiche.