White Chocolate Mousse and Kiwi Sauce Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1 1/2 gelatine leaves
- 7 oz white chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 10 fl oz cream
- 3 kiwi fruits
- Icing sugar
- Lemon slices
- Sliced strawberries or kiwi fruit slices
1. Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes to soften.
2. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of hot, but not boiling, water.
3. Allow to cool but not to set.
4. Beat the egg and egg yolk in a stainless steel bowl over a pan of hot, but not boiling, water until thickened.
5. Squeeze the gelatine leaves and stir into the warm egg mixture until melted.
6. Allow to cool while still beating.
7. Add the melted chocolate to the mixture, a little at a time, until the mixture is smooth and even.
8. Stir in the liqueur.
9. Whip the cream until thick and carefully fold into the chocolate mixture.
10. Put the mousse in the fridge for 2 hours, until it has set.
11. Meanwhile, make the sauce.
12. Peel the kiwi fruit and puree them in a mixer or food processor.
13. Add icing sugar to taste, if required.
14. Keep the sauce cold until ready to serve.
15. Pour a little sauce on 4 individual dishes.
16. Shape the mousse into egg-shaped balls, using two warm tablespoons, and place them on top of the sauce.
17. Garnish with a few lemon leaves, sliced strawberries or slices of kiwi fruit.