White Chocolate Chip with Macadamia Nut Recipe - Printable Version Makes 8 cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into forths, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed golden brown, sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 1/2 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, halved
1. Preheat oven to 375 F, and lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
2. In a food processor using a steel blade, blend butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until fluffy, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl, about 1 minute.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined using 2 or 3 pulsed things; do not over-process.
4. Transfer to large bowl and stir in chocolate and nuts.
5. Mound dough by 1/3 cupfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake until light brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
7. Cool on the cookie sheets about 3 minutes.
8. Transfer to rack and cool completely.