White Chocolate Cashew Pie Recipe
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Cut the butter into 46 cubes and toss into flour, add the shortening with your finger, rubbing the shortening and the butter into the flour until the flour becomes sandy.
3. Sprinkle a small amount of the water into the dough, tossing it in gently. Add water until the dough becomes moist, be sure not to over mix.
4. Make a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours until firm.
5. Once the dough is firm, turn out onto a floured surface, and with a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/4-inch thick round, approximately 12 inches in diameter.
6. Place the dough into a 9-inch pie tin, firmly pressing into the bottom and sides.
7. Trim the overhang until even, fold under and crimp.
8. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Combine in a bowl with a whip the butter, sugar, and the eggs one at a time, then add the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
10. Pour into prepared pie shell.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
12. Can be served with lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.