White Chocolate and Macadamia Brownies with Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe - Printable Version Makes 8 brownies
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 oz white chocolate, chopped then melted
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (wash and pat dry, if salted)
- 5 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and butter and flour 9 x 13 baking pan.
2. Sift flour with salt into bowl.
3. Using electric mixer, beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
4. Add sugar 1 tbsp at a time and beat until pale yellow and slowly dissolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted.
5. Gently fold in melted chocolate (mixture may lose volume, which is ok cause this gets loud).
6. Add melted butter and vanilla and stir well. (Don't worry if mixture looks curdled)
7. Fold in flour, then nuts, and chopped chocolate.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan.
9. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out not quite clean, about 25 minutes; do not overbake.
10. Cool and cut into serving size pieces, about 4x4 inches, and top with sauce.
Hot Fudge Sauce:
1. Cook cream and sugar in heavy, small saucepan over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
2. Add chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
3. Add butter and corn syrup, stirring until butter melts.