White Chocolate and Bailey's Almond Cookie Recipe
Instructions:1. Soften gelatine in a 1/2 cup Bailey's Original Irish Cream for 5 minutes.
2. Dissolve by stirring over very low heat, or dissolve in microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds. If mixture gels before ready to use, liquify for 15 seconds in microwave.
3. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold in Bailey's mixture.
5. Set aside in refrigerator.
6. In a double boiler, over, not in, boiling water, beat the egg whites and sugar with a hand-held electric mixer on high for seven minutes.
7. Working quickly, fold in chocolate chunks so as to only partially melt chocolate, leaving small kernels of chocolate.
8. Fold into Bailey's Original Irish Cream Mixture.
9. Served in a Bailey Original Irish Cream and Orange Sauce: 1 cup heavy cream, 4 tablespoons sugar, 3 egg yolks, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice, 1/4 cup Baileys Original Irish Cream.
11. Whip cream until stiff; refrigerate.
12. Cream together sugar, egg yolk, lemon and orange juice until a steady stream forms.
13. Cook egg mixture in double boiler, whisking constantly until peaks form, then add Baileys Original Irish Cream.
14. Continue cooking until thick; remove from heat and cool whisking over ice bath.
15. When cool, fold together with whipped cream.
16. Served with Almond Cookies Napoleon: 2 cups sliced almonds, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon almond extract, pinch of salt, 3/4 cup melted butter, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, 4 egg whites Combine all the ingredients by whisking.
17. Chill for 4 hours.
18. Cook on buttered cookie sheets as flat, drop cookies (two heaping tablespoons each) for 3 minutes at 400~.
19. To Assemble: Place some mouse filling between two cookies and spoon orange sauce over the top, to taste.