Washington Cherry Cookies Recipe - Printable Version Makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup golden crisco shortening
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, coarsely chopped, drained, rinsed and patted dry
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
3. Combine brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
4. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
5. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
6. Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
7. Mix into creamed mixture just until blended.
8. Stir in white chocolate chips and cherries.
9. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls (15 mL) of dough 3 inches (7 cm) apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
10. Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
11. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
12. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet.
13. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.