Superior White Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. To make mousse: Place white chocolate pieces in a large bowl with butter and rum.
2. Place the bowl in a very low oven with the door ajar. The chocolate should take about 45 minutes to melt. This must be done slowly.
3. Meanwhile, beat egg yolks in a large bowl of an electric mixer until light and thick.
4. Transfer to top of double boiler.
5. Cook, stirring, over hot water until thick.
6. Return to mixer bowl.
7. When chocolate is melted, stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
8. Slowly beat in egg yolks.
9. Beat cream until stiff.
10. Fold into chocolate mixture.
11. Beat egg whites until stiff.
12. Fold into mixture.
13. Pour into a lightly oiled 8-inch spring form pan.
14. Refrigerate overnight.
15. To serve, cut into pieces and place on cold plates.
16. Drizzle a small amount of warm chocolate sauce over the top of each wedge and make a 'puddle' on either side.
17. To make chocolate sauce: Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler.
18. Stir in unsalted butter, stir in milk and heavy cream, both at room temperature.
19. Keep warm.