Marble Chocolate Mousse Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4 to 6
- 1 cup cream
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 4 1/2 oz lb butter
- 12 1/3 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 cup Amaretter or Grand Mariner
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- Whipped cream (for garnish)
- Chocolate curls (for garnish)
1. Whip cream until it forms soft peaks. Set aside.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy.
3. Melt butter, white chocolate and liqueur in a double boiler or microwave.
4. Beat the chocolate/butter mixture into beaten egg yolks until smooth.
5. Whisk egg whites until they form soft peaks, then fold into mixture, and lastly fold in the whipped cream.
6. Divide the mixture in half.
7. Melt the dark chocolate and add to one half.
8. Stir well until blended.
9. Refrigerate both mixtures for 10 to 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
10. Carefully spoon in alternate layers into a glass serving dish, then zig zag through mixture with a knife.
11. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls.