Chocolate Blood Cake Recipe
Instructions:1. Make up the sponge mix but add loads of red food colouring to get the mixture nice and blood like.
2. Add about 14 1/4 oz of the chocolate (melted of course) to the sponge mix, adding more food colouring if the mixture seems to be getting too pinky.
3. Mix the smarties into the cake mix. You can later tell people that these are blood clots! 4. Allow to cook for the normal length of time.
5. Make up quite a bit of icing in the meantime (adding the final 100g of chocolate to this) and colour this red also.
6. When the cake has cooked, allow to cool for about 1 hour and then cut in 1/2. Taking the top half, pour the icing over and allow to set pretty randomly, but place the vampire teeth in the icing where they will cause maximum effect (in the centre is usually a good bet).
7. Stick a few smarties in the icing.
8. Before you serve this cake, place a generous layer of the ice-cream on top of the bottom layer and replace the top.
9. Serve with extra scoops of the ice cream and strawberry sauce.