Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies and Variations Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 375 F.
2. Cream Butter Flavor Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
3. Blend until creamy.
4. Blend in egg.
5. Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
6. Add to creamed mixture, gradually.
7. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
8. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (about 2 measuring tablespoons) of dough 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
9. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist - DO NOT OVERBAKE), 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
10. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
11. Remove to cooling rack.
1. Melt 1 cup semi-sweet or white melting chocolate with 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor Crisco over VERY low heat or at 50% power in microwave. Stir well.
2. If too thick to drizzle, add a little more Butter Flavor Crisco to thin.
3. Drizzle from end of spoon back and forth over cookie.
4. Sprinkle with nuts before chocolate hardens, if desired.
5. To harden chocolate quickly, place cookies in refrigerator for a few minutes.
1. Melt 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup white melting chocolate cut in pieces with 1 teaspoon Butter Flavor Crisco over VERY low heat or at 50% power in microwave.
2. Stir well.
3. Spoon into a cup.
4. Dip one end of COOLED cookie in chocolate.
5. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts before chocolate hardens.
6. Place on wax paper.
1. To make Creamy Vanilla Frosting: Combine 1/2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco, 1 pound (4 cups) confectioners sugar, 1/3 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl at low speed of electric mixer until well blended. Scrape bowl.
2. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
3. Frost COOLED cookies with the frosting.
4. Decorate with red and green candy coated chocolate pieces (M&Ms).