Turtle Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla and maple flavoring.
3. Set aside.
4. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda.
5. Add dry ingredients gradually to the creamed mixture until you have smooth dough and then chill for 2 hours.
6. Shape 1 teaspoon dough into balls. These should be oval shaped like a turtle body.
7. Dip bottoms into little of egg white.
8. Press slightly onto greased cookie sheet on which groups of 5 pecan halves have already been placed to form a head and 4 feet of turtles.
10. Bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes or until set, and when cool, frost.
1. Melt chocolate, milk and butter.
2. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.