Truffle Mice Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 cookies
- 4 oz (4 squares) chocolate, semisweet
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs-fine
- 1/3 cup chocolate wafer crumbs or 1/3 cup sugar, for icing
- Gold or silver dragees
- Almonds, slivered
1. In bowl, combine chocolate and sour cream.
2. Stir in 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs; mix well.
3. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
4. Roll scant tablespoonfuls of chocolate mixture in small balls slightly pointed at end.
5. Roll lightly in icing sugar or chocolate wafer crumbs.
1. Insert dragees (silver or gold balls) for eyes, almond slices for ears and small bits of licorice for tails.
2. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.