Truffle Cookies Recipe
Instructions:1. Heat 6 ounces chocolate in a heavy 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted; remove from the heat.
2. Stir in 2 tablespoons margarine, the half and half and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
3. Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls.
4. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet; freeze, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until set.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F.
6. Mix 1/2 cup margarine, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, the vanilla extract and 1 ounce melted chocolate.
7. Work in the flour and salt until the dough holds together.
8. If the dough is dry, mix in 1 or 2 tablespoons milk.
9. Mold portions of dough around the frozen chocolate balls to form 1 1/2-inch balls.
10. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
11. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until set but not brown.
12. Remove from the cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
13. For the icing, mix the powdered sugar, milk and chocolate until smooth.
14. Dip the tops of the cookies into the icing.
15. If desired, sprinkle with finely chopped nuts or chocolate shot, or drizzle with melted chocolate or vanilla-flavored candy coating.
Coconut Truffle Cookies: Stir in 3 tablespoons flaked coconut with the half and half.
Nut Truffle Cookies: Stir in 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds, cashews or hazelnuts with the half and half.