Torta Margherita Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine all but flour.
2. Whisk to mix.
3. Place over simmering water so bowl touches water (double boiler application).
4. Whisk until warm.
5. Remove bowl and whip on high speed with a whip attachment until light in color and cooled. Volume will increase 4 times over.
6. Sift flour, 1/4 cup at a time, over egg foam.
7. Fold gently with a spatula after each addition to incorporate... keeping as much air as possible in mixture.
8. Pour into prepared pan (greased and lightly dusted with flour or cocoa).
9. Bake at 325 F for 30 minutes, until risen, firm to touch and deep golden in color.
10. Invert on rack and carefully remove paper with point of a small knife.
11. Immediately invert to cool, to room temperature.
12. When cooled, may be double-wrapped in plastic wrap.