Toll House Heart-Shaped Cookie Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 cookies
- 1 cup and 1 tsp flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
1. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
2. Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
5. Stir in 1 cup morsels; spread into greased and wax paper-lined 9-inch heart-shaped pan.
6. Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
7. Let stand for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
8. Microwave remaining morsels in microwave-safe bowl on high power for 1 minute; stir.
9. Microwave at additional 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
10. Spread over cookie.
11. Chill for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
12. Decorate as desired.